The Ohio State University North Residential District Transformation
The Ohio State University Second-year Transformational Experience Program (STEP) focuses on increasing retention and graduation rates. A central theme of STEP is a two-year on-campus residency requirement. To accommodate the influx of on-campus residents, OSU transformed the North Residential District into an integrated living / learning environment to redefine the student experience:
This design/build project included dedicated studio space for for architects, engineers, owners, users, and key subcontractors to collaborate. It also included a Student Engagement Team to raise student awareness of construction and safety.
- AGC of Ohio Build Ohio Award, The Ohio State University North Residential District Transformation – New Construction Over $30 million
- Delivered more than 1.1 million square feet of new construction in 30 months
- Occupied site where students continued to live and study during construction
- Eight new residence halls provide housing for 3,878 students
- Two new dining halls and a fitness center