Building the IGS Energy Corporate Headquarters consisted of a 134,500 sf, four-story office building with a full-service kitchen, as well as a 64-space parking garage which serves as the building’s foundation. Fittingly, IGS Energy sought to make its new facility as efficient as possible. The building incorporated numerous LEED® items, including all 10 energy points. IGS Energy submitted its LEED application and is on track to obtain LEED Gold certification.
Construction Manager at Risk
Construction Management is a contractual agreement in which the construction manager (CM) is hired by the owner to coordinate the total construction of a project. The owner, designer /s and the construction manager are a team from planning through construction. The basic objective of the CM method is to integrate the project planning, design, construction and post-construction phases of the projects. This approach allows creativity in developing design to achieve the owner’s goals.
The CM is responsible for the performance of the job and holds the trade contracts in this arrangement. The CM also offers a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) which guarantees the owner that the total cost of the project will not exceed a maximum amount.
- Collaborative team approach
- CM provides creative input, strong planning and construction expertise during design
- Reduces owner project oversight
- Earlier reliable cost estimates
- Reduction in change orders
- CM holds financial risk with GMP
- Ideal for owners with internal management resources
- Allows for Fast-Track/early start of construction reducing overall schedule