The renovation and addition to the Episcopal Retirement Homes (ERH) Community in Cincinnati consisted of two buildings; the Deupree House and the Marjorie P. Lee Retirement Community. The Marjorie P. Lee Retirement Community renovation added state-of-the-art services and amenities to the homes of 200 residents. The Deupree House is a retirement community of 83 independent living apartments. Its campus improvements included a state-of-the art wellness center, enhanced dining room, 60 two- and three-bedroom apartments, renovation of current apartments, and a new parking lot.
Construction Manager at Risk
Construction Management is a contractual agreement in which the construction manager (CM) is hired by the owner to coordinate the total construction of a project. The owner, designer /s and the construction manager are a team from planning through construction. The basic objective of the CM method is to integrate the project planning, design, construction and post-construction phases of the projects. This approach allows creativity in developing design to achieve the owner’s goals.
The CM is responsible for the performance of the job and holds the trade contracts in this arrangement. The CM also offers a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) which guarantees the owner that the total cost of the project will not exceed a maximum amount.
- Collaborative team approach
- CM provides creative input, strong planning and construction expertise during design
- Reduces owner project oversight
- Earlier reliable cost estimates
- Reduction in change orders
- CM holds financial risk with GMP
- Ideal for owners with internal management resources
- Allows for Fast-Track/early start of construction reducing overall schedule