Norton Children's Hospital Renovation and Addition
Norton Children’s Hospital is consistently ranked by U.S. News Media Group as one of the top pediatric hospitals in the nation. To maintain their position among the elite pediatric hospitals, Norton needed to renovate their existing downtown facility to create additional space for support.
- 37,000 sf renovation of a pediatric health care facility
- Includes a new electrical vault and generator building which houses a primary electrical service and backup electrical system – the backup electrical system was tunneled under a downtown roadway
- The entire electrical system in the pre-existing building was replaced – this resulted in 76 separate shutdowns in order to safely maintain power throughout the rest of the facility
- Renovations to locker rooms, conference rooms, nurse stations, waiting areas and exam rooms
- Additions included a new trauma elevator and additional floor space for conference rooms, work rooms, on-call rooms and offices