2017 AGC of Tennessee Award of Merit: Volunteer State Community College Humanities Building
The new Humanities Building, located in the heart of campus, will be the largest on campus and will consolidate several humanities programs into one building. The building includes live recording studios, theater space, dance rooms, pottery and kiln space, computer labs, a student art gallery, and more.
Building Information Modeling (BIM) enabled our team to virtually model the facilities mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems prior to construction; this helped reduce cost and increase construction schedule reliability.
- AGC of Tennessee Award of Merit in New Construction Under $30 Million
- 80,000 sf, three-story building
- Recording studios and music practice rooms with stringent acoustic requirements
- Theater space with rigging to raise and lower the lighting systems and other on-stage equipment
- Will seek LEED certification upon completion