Wright State University Neuroscience Engineering Collaboration Building
Wright State University is one of the first institutions in the nation to house neuroscience and engineering research in the same facility. The Neuroscience Engineering Collaboration (NEC) building enables engineers, neuroscientists, neurologists and medical students to work and learn together.
- 94,000 sf research laboratory building
- Houses vivarium space, ISO 5 and 6 rated clean rooms, cold rooms, animal holding rooms, surgery spaces, testing and observation spaces
- Pedestrian tunnel connects the facility to an existing vivarium in the Health Sciences Building
- 104-person auditorium and executive-level conference space with exterior terrace
- Included significant underground utility relocation