Louisville City FC Lynn Family Stadium - Soccer Holdings, LLC
- Messer partnered with Harmon Construction, a minority-owned firm, to complete this project as a joint venture.
- Messer/Harmon worked hard to ensure local contractors were able to contribute to the construction of this once-in-a-lifetime project in their community. More than 1,000 people worked on the stadium, with 75% of the workforce living in the Louisville metropolitan area.
- The schedule was a top priority as the team was preparing for its home opener in April 2020.
- There were site challenges, adverse weather conditions and an intensive field installation process, but Messer/Harmon still completed the project two months early.
- Additionally, Messer/Harmon embodied our Zero Injury culture, resulting in 365 consecutive days without an incident.
- The Messer/Harmon team also achieved 34% minority- and women-owned business enterprises (M/WBE) participation, totaling more than $21 million in diverse spend.
- The completion and grand opening of the stadium has been recognized by Greater Louisville Inc. as a 2021 Silver Fleur-De-Lis Award recipient for "outstanding commitments and achievements over the past year in making the Louisville community a better place to live and work."
- 2021 IES (Illuminating Engineering Society) Illumination Merit Award.
- Associated General Contractors of Ohio 2021 Build Ohio Award recipient in the Building-New Category
- 2022 Phoenix Award for the brownfield redevelopment in the Butchertown neighborhood
Check out these links for more information from the project:
- Louisville Business First: How Louisville's New ‘Cathedral’ To Soccer Was Built, and the Surprises That Await Fans
- Louisville Business First: INSIDE LOOK: Construction Wraps on Lynn Family Stadium (PHOTOS)
- Louisville Business First: Racial Injustice Requires a Call to Action
- USL Championship: LouCity Sells Out Single-Game seats for Home Opener
- 2022 National Brownfields Phoenix Award for Brownfield Redevelopment
During my time on this project,
I can say Messer is the best of both worlds: a builder with deep ties within the Louisville community and extensive knowledge of local subcontractor pricing that they combine with the expertise and resources of a national contractor."
Other Projects in Our Region
Phases 2 and 3 – Norton Children’s HospitalView project
Fort Knox Van Voorhis Elementary SchoolView project
Neuroscience Institute – NortonView project
Belknap Village South – University of LouisvilleView project
Norton Healthcare Community Medical AssociatesView project
Derby City Gaming Downtown – A Churchill Downs Incorporated PropertyView project